Continuum Performance Center

Friday, January 1, 2016

What I've Learned Along The Way

A year and a half ago, I started at CPC working primarily at Western New England University. Within that year and a half, I have grown so much as a person, a coworker, and a coach. The biggest thing I have learned while working at CPC is to be myself and never to want to stop learning. 

When I first started I held myself back a lot and questioned myself, but as time went on that shit got old, and it was tiring not being yourself. When I let my true personality out, trusted myself and opened up with my coworkers and athletes, that's when the real coach inside me came out. I learned when you start to question yourself; others will start to question you too. When you come out of the gate with energy and passion, that's when your athletes know they can trust you. Who doesn't trust someone that isn't passionate about what they do right? So, the more confident I got in my coaching and myself my relationship with my athletes and coworkers grew to a bond that is going to be hard to let go of when I eave for my internship at Notre Dame. When I go there, though, I am going to bring a very large piece of CPC at all times. I'm going to go there and be myself and be the coach I know I can be. I'm never going to want to stop learning, and I'm going to be excited to be able to bring some stuff back to WNEU next fall. 

Don't worry, I promise I'm coming back because Geoff legitimately made me pinky promise! Overall, I might learn some new things there at the big ND, but truly what I've learned so far (just within a year and a half at CPC) I think I'm going to teach them a year or two also! Thank you to all my athletes, everyone at CPC, and Geoff for everything. I wouldn't be who I am or where I am today without you all! I will miss you.

-- Madi 

No comments:

Post a Comment