Continuum Performance Center

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Jam On It

If you have been with CPC for a while or even since the beginning you know what type of musical evolution we've gone through.  We started with a home speaker system that was meant more to play jazz standards while you entertained a lovely dinner party (www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPfFhfSuUZ4&list=PL8F6B0753B2CCA128) than to pump out the latest track from Swedish House Mafia (www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkQ5rEJaTmk).
We then "upgraded" to some larger home speakers and various receivers, all configured in such a way that I think we could of gotten jobs with NASA running wires and cables on rockets.  Geoff and I have put countless holes in walls, stripped more wire ends than my knuckles would like to admit, used enough electrical tape to keep Rocky's in business for a year, zipped so many zip ties that......well.....let's just say we used a lot of those damn things too.
Yeah, believe me, we thought about it......mobile Bootcamps!

Through all of the rigged up sound systems and "technical difficulties" we've had with playing music we have finally landed on something that works, and works WELL!  My point isn't to sell you on how great SONOS is and have you run out and buy your own (even though you should), it's actually to talk/ask about music and more specifically music selection during a work out.  
I'm curious what most CPC subscribers think about our music selection.  I think that we play a pretty balanced and appropriate mix of tunes that are applicable to the specific audience that may be in the room at that time.  But I could be wrong, am I?  What do you listen to when you workout outside of CPC, out on a run, or on vacation?  
I'd really like to know good or bad.  If there are things that you like awesome if there is stuff that you think should go, ok, I won't guarantee that any solid changes will be made but I am curious what people think and what people listen to in general regardless of workout or where you are working out.

Are you a hardcore rocker?  www.youtube.com/watch?v=If9VmBlp82c

More funky and hip/hop?  www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vaN01VLYSQ


Or do you like dancing on the ceiling?  www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdQDXs75Ulo

Either way.....let me know!

-MS

No comments:

Post a Comment