Continuum Performance Center

Friday, January 1, 2016

Maximizing Our Potential

Think about this - Can you maximize your potential to feel and look your best at the gym or fitness center where you are currently a member (if it's not CPC)?  How many of you workout at the same gym that your friends do?  Don't get me wrong, I'm no professional at comparing one gym to another. But I do know one thing, I wish I would have chosen a smaller, local gym right out of the gate fifteen years ago rather than a commercialized, "big box" gym now that I am a professional in the fitness, health, and wellness industry.  

Now, I want you to think about this - would you choose "local, organic and specialized" or "commercial and processed?" You would choose local, organic and specialized as you know, (and it has been proven) that it's better for you, wouldn't you?  Apply that to the gym/center that you carefully chose as your oasis to de-stress, #EarnYourBetter, and overall look and feel your best. 

Now that I've got your attention, I want to share my professional gains in the last four months with my "local, organic and specialized gym". I now call CPC home. A place where I've learned more in the last four months about the fitness and wellness industry, the science, and its opportunities (for me) than I have in the last fifteen years as a gym member and group fitness instructor. 

I, too, started out where you are, a client or subscriber - but unlike you, I chose the "big box gym".  Sure, it was perfect for me at the time because all I wanted was the group fitness classes. I never liked the machines. I hated running on the treadmill (never understood why people like running inside, staring at a TV when you can enjoy the outdoors and fresh air), and most of all, it really bothered me that half the people there all knew each other and spent 80% of their time kibitzing - that's exactly how NOT to maximize your potential at the gym!  The funny thing is, I found myself working at a big box gym ten years later as a group fitness instructor. Why? Because it was fun - period. Flash forward July 2015 where I met Geoff at GREATHORSE. Two weeks later I was a Fitness Instructor for CPC, August 21 I taught my first class, August 30 I went through my first TRX training, by September I was scheduling my second training for TRX and in October I joined the CPC team at the TRX Summit in Baltimore.  By November, I booked my Level 1 TPI Training in Orlando, FL for January 2016 and discussed my golf fitness program idea that we will launch in early 2016.  Oh, and also added a class to the CPC schedule specifically for teachers. Yep - all that in just four months. I wish I knew about my "local, organic,  and specialized" performance center sooner - it would have saved me a lot of gas money driving back and forth to teach classes at the big box gym.

Allow this to prove to you that you chose the right team of professionals to work with to help make you your best.  In a short four months, I'm on track to being my best professionally and bringing my ideas to life thanks to the willingness and support of my leader and team. CPC is about real connections, real people who are committed to real results for their team members and their subscribers. It's about maximizing our potential.  

-- Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment