Continuum Performance Center

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Be a parent!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xUmp67YDlHY

Please watch the video above before continuing on reading.......I'll wait. 


Ok, great to have you back!  I'm not going to go on a huge tangent and lecture you, you watched the video and I think it pretty much speaks for itself. 

I'm not a parent but I can respect the fact that having a child is a huge responsibility and a LOT of work. I think a lot of times those that do have children over look the fact that you are shaping this little persons future and everything that you do is absorbed by them which will dictate who they are later in life. 

Obviously this video resonated with use because of what it's about and what we are about at CPC. Diet and food is only one of many things that effect your child's life, and you're responsible for what your children eat. Just like you need good wholesome high quality foods, kids do too. We get asked food questions all the time, and a lot of people pay close attention to what they eat, and then I see their kids eating Doritos or some other shit. If you won't eat it, then don't let your kids. Another question we get is "we're talking about me in the blog post?", no we're not get over yourself. I'm not speaking about anyone here specifically, I've seen it everywhere even in my own family. 

Wow, this is getting longer than I expected. 

Moral of the story, don't just throw your kids in front of the iPad with a bag of chip to keep them busy because you're too busy watching "your show" and not interested in actually being a parent to the child that you knowingly and willingly brought into this world. I have to say "your show" because I don't even know what stupid hit shows are popular now. 

Be a parent, a responsible parent, take care of your kids now, because later is too late. 

No comments:

Post a Comment