Continuum Performance Center

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

When Your Laziness Effects Me

I know there are people who move at a different pace in life than I do and I respect them for it. I'm a person who always need to be moving. I like to be productive and successful. I do have the ability to relax and kick my feet up, but more often than not I'm busy. Don't start being one of those people who tells me I need to relax more or that I don't want to sit still because being busy is a way to escape - fuck off! Stop justifying the fact you didn't do anything with your day by putting me on the defensive. That isn't what this blog is about today. It's about other’s laziness directly screwing with my day and my safety.

It's cold out. Disgustingly cold outside. News flash: we all hate it. The weather channels have told us to dress accordingly and leave additional time but you didn't. You were slow getting started and didn't adequately clean off your snow covered car. Fortunately for me I left enough time to get to where I needed to go. At the intersection I notice your facial expression is telling me that you're either suffering from an insane case of hemorrhoids or you're in a rush to go somewhere and can't see through the glare on the sun. I politely allow you to pull out into traffic and immediately regret my decision. The last 6+ inches of snow that fell from the sky progressively makes its way off your inadequately cleaned car and onto my windshield. I don't love the "fluffy-puff" ones. I prefer it when I know your car has sit in the sun for two days before you drove it so, that one enormous sheet of an snow-ice blend cartwheels its way through the air in an attempt to ninja star my windshield and cause me to shit my pants.

I love when it's more cold outside for you than it is for anyone else. This allows you to justify leaving your shopping cart smack in the MIDDLE of the parking spot that was next to your vehicle. It's ok, we get. It took you longer than it took anyone else to unload your groceries into your car and therefore you shouldn't have to walk it across to the carriage return. Don't worry, I had nothing else to accomplish today. I'll do it for you.

Let's revisit the car for a second. Turn signals or "blinkahs" are a required safety feature in all motorized vehicles. This mandatory safety feature is NOT FOR YOU! This is a safety feature to allow proper advanced notification to those that are in and around your surroundings. Please stop choosing whether or not you could be bothered to use these turn signals. It's un-fucking-safe! Actually, if you reference your driver’s ed manual there are a series of hand signals a person can make out of there drivers side window to mimic the effectiveness of these amazing little lights. I use these hand signals when I ride my bicycle, a non-motored vehicle. Put down your phone and start using your car the way it was designed to be driven.

Honestly the list is endless but has two fundamental themes that run throughout. If you are lazy and selfish than you effect others around you and that's just not cool. You want to know why people are smiling more and excited to see each other? Because somewhere along the way the expression "look out for number one" became "fuck the rest and do what you feel is right, now".

Sully - out

No comments:

Post a Comment