Continuum Performance Center

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Think about it.


I'm guilty of it, and I know everyone else out there is too to some extent.  I thought this was very thought provoking and doesn't just apply to "jumping out of a plane", it applies to many different aspects of our lives.  As I read it and thought about it I was reminded of a few things.

How many times do we judge people without knowing their story (the whole story)?  

Don't judge a book by it's cover.  Kind of an old and played out saying...but still fits and is applicable.

How many times do we think we know everything or are subject matter expert on certain topic but really know shit?

How many times do we blow small things way out of proportion?

How often do we miss out on a great experience because we jump to conclusions, or on the other side, how often do we get ourselves into some shit for the same reason?

The point is we all do it, it's part of who we are but hopefully we can work on it a little bit.  This hit home for me and really got me thinking about things in a different light and how I approach things or will approach things in the future.  Hopefully you'll be able to take something away from it.

-MS

No comments:

Post a Comment