Continuum Performance Center

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

The Truth

I want to take just a quick second to talk about a post we put up on Facebook last week. It stuck with me and got me thinking, thoughts of which I figured I would share with you all here. 

The quote read "Society has become so fake that the truth actually bothers people". Take a second and think about this, think about what this means to you, what it may mean to other people. Are you bothered by it? Do you think that you are bothered by the truth? 

When u read this I immediately thought of reasons why this might be so. I think it's in part due to the fact that a lot of people don't know what the truth even is with regards to certain things. Take food for instance, for years trend have flipped flopped around so many times that it just leaves people confused, uninformed, or maybe even worse, misinformed. Fat is bad, go low carb, no red meat, eggs are good, no eggs are bad, hold it eggs are good again, oh and so is the red meat (but in moderation...what the fuck does this mean?), dairy is bad, dairy is good but only on a full moon and only if the milk comes from a cow that was milked on and odd number month even number day and in a state with the first letter M.  

You all know I'm right, that's how it is with everything today. Everyone is an expert, and knows everything about everything. We get the thoughts and opinions of so many people that it's hard to distinguish what the truth really is. In many cases there is a lot of information that is at least partially right. It can make it hard to fully distinguish what is legitimate information and act with the best intentions in mind. 

I think the best we can do is seek out multiple outlets of information, ask questions, use our brains and some logical thinking, and stop being robots that believe everything we see on TV, in magazines, or other bullshit "information" outlets. Educate yourself, formulate and make your own decisions, and have an open mind. 

My other thought was this, if this statement is true which I think it is, what does this mean for future generations? 

I started writing this next part a couple of times, and for fear of any backlash from people about my views on the youth of today and parenting (or lack of parenting) I'll just keep it to this. Be truthful with your kids. 

As we know or should know, there is a lot of fake shit out there, it's your responsibility to weed out the crap and expose your children to what is good. Whether it be the food they eat or the shows they watch. 

You can be anything you want to be when you grow up...bullshit. When Timmy grows up and is only 5'2" I doubt he's going to be the starting center or the Celtics, or Sally at 6'6" wanting to bs a famous female jockey, probably not going to happen. Extreme examples I know but it's true. Teach them to work hard and appreciate everything they have, find something they like to do, are interested in and passionate about. There is more honor in being a plumber and happy with your life then being a billionaire and miserable. If your a happy billionaire plumber then double bonus. 

Not everyone is a winner. I have to share this last thought because I found it very interesting. A resent study has found that by "pampering" kids, with a nobody loses, everyone is a winner, everyone gets a trophy for mediocrity type mentality is creating a generation of narcissists. Can't say that I want to see a world run by a bunch of self righteous,  self centered, arrogant, jack asses. Your shit smells just as bad as everyone else's, and your no more special than anyone else.  But no we can't say that anymore, we might hurt feelings...boo hoo. 

So yeah I guess that's about it, just some thoughts, none of which are necessarily "truth", just opinions. Be a constructive member of society and create some of your own, whether you agree or not. Hopefully nobody was bothered by my post, if so, tough shit, go eat an egg, or not, but they are good for you so you should, oh you have high cholesterol maybe have some Egg Beaters then, those are better right, I don't know I heard they were made out of kitten whiskers, oh I don't want to support that, I'll just have a Coke........


-MS

No comments:

Post a Comment