Continuum Performance Center

Friday, October 24, 2014

Season's Eatings

We’re heading into that time of year when it’s getting colder, rainier, windier, and well - I’m not going to use the “S” word just yet. It’s also the time of year that we all start adjusting our diets. The farmer’s markets are all but done and gone and the availability of fresh local seasonal fare has once again taken a back seat to supermarket produce. Not only are the ingredients that we use changing, so are the cooking methods we use to prepare our foods. It’s no longer grill and chill season; it’s Crock-Pot and hoodie season.  


As I sit here and write this I’m finding myself veering off of my original plan and topic to slowly get myself into something that I might later begin to regret, but maybe not.  What I am proposing, suggesting, or requesting of those that actually follow/read this blog is let me know some of your go-to foods for the colder months.  You give me a bunch of recommendations for recipes, and I’ll come up with my own version and post it to the blog and other social media platforms.  This will have a two fold effect.  
1.  It will give us all a new way of looking at old possibly boring recipes that we have all have and continue to use. Spruce things up a bit!
2.  It will actually give me an excuse to start getting back into the kitchen; cooking food and meals that I have some what neglected to do in the past couple of months.  


Win win, I think. So go ahead let me know what cold weather standby you have that you’re getting tired of and I’ll revamp it for you.  


- MS


No comments:

Post a Comment